Welcome to the Wisconsin College Personnel Association (WCPA). WCPA has been around for nearly 50 years supporting professionals and graduate students in higher education grow professionally.
WCPA welcomes individuals from all types of institutions and career fields related to higher education. WCPA affirms and supports the unique identities in our community by striving for inclusive excellence.
- Fall Annual Conference: October 7 and 8, 2021
- Student Affairs 101: October 7-9, 2021
- Spring Professional Development Institute (PDI): Spring 2022 (date TBD)
Become a WCPA Member:
Join the premier, professional development home for higher education professionals and graduate students in Wisconsin. Membership is free and is as easy as clicking the button below.
Higher Education News Feed:
- Universities have great stories to tell – our future success depends on how well we share themReputation-building is more important than ever, but higher education is uniquely placed to meet future challenges, says Mark Scott. Read more »
- Cutting mathematics funding would betray the future | Times Higher Education (THE)The UK government's £300 million funding pledge must be confirmed in the spending review, and departmental closures must stop, says Jon Keating. Read more »
- Opinion: F. King Alexander was truly committed to public higher education - LSU ReveilleOur university had a true believer in public higher education as president, someone who was recognized on a national stage for standing up for the ... Read more »
- More vax sites needed for college students' rollout, says CHEd chief - Inquirer.net... colleges and universities launch in-person classes, said J. Prospero de Vera III, chair of the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd), on Saturday. Read more »
- Gaming company donates technology to Schenectady program | The Daily GazetteThe students visited several different higher education locations ... Game Technology, a multinational gaming company, and Rise HIGH, Inc., ... Read more »
- An era of reflection: Why some people aren't rushing back to the workforce - The Nevada ...... in early September and higher wages in some industries, workers aren't ... In June, Mayfield and his wife, a special education coordinator for ... Read more »
- Analysis: Louisiana Budget Boom Continues for Another Year - US News... and the Democratic governor and majority-Republican Legislature enacted taxes to avoid deep cuts to health care and higher education programs. Read more »
- PED Establishes Black Education Advisory Council - Los Alamos Daily PostTeacher Preparation Program: Pamela Gray, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces. Higher Education Representative: Patricia Trujillo, deputy ... Read more »
- An $846000 grant will help LSU Eunice empower future agricultural workers - The AdvocateThe school leaders said the mobile lab will help make learning more accessible to members of the community typically excluded from higher education ... Read more »
- Op-ed: Doubling Pell means more access for students - Metro PhiladelphiaNearly 7 million students are currently receiving a Pell for their higher education. With bipartisan support over its 50-year history, the Pell is ... Read more »