In response to the COVID-19 situation, WCPA has canceled the Spring Professional Development Institute, “Free Speech, Protest, and Bias”. Click to see more information.
Welcome to the Wisconsin College Personnel Association (WCPA). WCPA has been around for nearly 50 years supporting professionals and graduate students in higher education grow professionally.
WCPA welcomes individuals from all types of institutions and career fields related to higher education. WCPA affirms and supports the unique identities in our community by striving for inclusive excellence.
- Spring Professional Development Institute (PDI): Spring 2021
- Fall Annual Conference: October 2021
- Student Affairs 101: October 2021
Become a WCPA Member:
Join the premier, professional development home for higher education professionals and graduate students in Wisconsin. Membership is free and is as easy as clicking the button below.
Higher Education News Feed:
- Why Technology and Collaboration are Driving Higher EducationAs we near the end of 2020, the educational world has been flipped on its head and forced to all move online. Classrooms and schools closed around ... Read more »
- Manhattan Caucus: Here's What a Biden Presidency Means for Higher EducationBiden is a supporter of free college education, student loan debt relief, as well as the return to a new normal amid the pandemic. Biden carried ... Read more »
- UNL to partner with State Department to train Rwandan college adminstrators... from the State Department's Bureau of African Affairs, aims to expose African students, faculty and administrators to higher education in the U.S. ... Read more »
- Universal higher education is the key to combating misinformationUniversal higher education is the key to combating misinformation. A high level of public information literacy will minimise the spread and influence of ... Read more »
- Northwestern Hosts International University Presidents' Summit on Intergenerational JusticeThis week, Northwestern University hosted the U7+ Alliance of World Universities Presidential Summit, binging together 100 academic leaders from ... Read more »
- Colleges and Universities Plan for Fall Commencement Amid COVID-19“They have dedicated four years to their studies and the value of their degrees is solid and they should just go out and represent West Liberty University ... Read more »
- DreaMSU hosts presentation on undocumented student access to higher educationHannah Boyke is a Ph.D. student in the school of social work. On Wednesday, she presented on these barriers to education in coordination with ... Read more »
- Colleges are changing the status quo to make curriculum more inclusive... a list of far-reaching demands that the trade publication Inside Higher Ed called ... The fight for a more inclusive college curriculum is not a new one. Read more »
- Increasing trust and wellbeing is a higher education priorityThe nature of higher education has been transformed by the COVID-19 pandemic through the necessary switch to digital tools and platforms. Research ... Read more »