Welcome to the Wisconsin College Personnel Association (WCPA). WCPA has been around for nearly 50 years supporting professionals and graduate students in higher education grow professionally.
WCPA welcomes individuals from all types of institutions and career fields related to higher education. WCPA affirms and supports the unique identities in our community by striving for inclusive excellence.
Upcoming WCPA Events:
Become a WCPA Member:
Join the premier, professional development home for higher education professionals and graduate students in Wisconsin. Membership is free and is as easy as clicking the button below.
Higher Education News Feed:
- The divide over scholarly debate over gender identity rages onScholars are coming to the defense of a graduate student instructor at the University of California, Santa Barbara, who is under scrutiny for her critical perspective on trans women. At the same time, other trans scholars and allies say they’re increasingly targeted for their own views and identities. These events,… Read more »
- Faculty group at Alaska's Anchorage campus says Fairbanks should bear brunt of state cutsThe gloves have already come off in the wake of massive cuts planned for the University of Alaska system, with the Faculty Senate at the university’s largest campus in Anchorage issuing a report detailing why the smaller research campus in Fairbanks should bear the brunt of the financial reduction. Fairbanks… Read more »
- Ellucian Banner security flaw highlighted by Education DepartmentThe U.S. Department of Education has warned of “active and ongoing exploitation” of a security flaw in Ellucian’s Banner system that may have given hackers access to student data such as grades, financial information and Social Security numbers. A security alert, published Wednesday by the department’s Office of Federal Student… Read more »
- Colleges award tenureCentre College Leonard Demoranville, chemistry Jonathon Earle, history Ellen Goldey, vice president of academic affairs and dean of the college John Harney, history Danielle La Londe, classical studies Matthew Pierce, medieval Islamic history Ellen Swanson, mathematics Karin Young, chemistry Frostburg State University Tianna Bogart, geography Kevin Knott, English Oleg Kucher,… Read more »
- States pass flurry of bills targeting loan servicersBefore the legislative session that began in January, consumer groups in Colorado had twice sought to work with state lawmakers to pass a bill establishing a student borrower bill of rights, coming up short both times. But with Democrats in control of both state houses in 2019 and a new… Read more »
- Review of Gary Roth, 'The Educated Underclass: Students and the Promise of Social Mobility'Scott McLemee reviews Gary Roth's The Educated Underclass: Students and Social Mobility. Read more »
- Lawmakers Introduce New Bill To Make College Free and Eliminate all Student DebtThe bill aims to increase prospective students' accessibility to college degrees in a time when a degree in higher education matters increasingly more ... Read more »
- Lawsuit: GCU recruiters committed fraud by enrolling students based on false promisesTwo former Grand Canyon University students are suing the school, alleging that recruiters committed fraud by misrepresenting whether the school's ... Read more »
- Ex-Illinois student's life spared in killing of scholarPEORIA, Ill. — A former University of Illinois doctoral student was spared the ... “If you have any humanity left in your soul, please end our torment. Read more »
- Tech graduates earn most within five years of college exitWithin five years of leaving college, graduates from information and ... While about one in four graduates re-enrolled in higher education in 2016, this ... Read more »