Free Speech, Protest, and Bias;
Response on our College Campuses
The health and safety of our students and colleagues is very important to WCPA and we are sorry for any inconvenience this will cause you. We know many of you are in crisis mode on your campuses and we appreciate all the work you are doing in these unprecedented times. Take care of yourself and check in on your students and colleagues.
We appreciate your patience and if you have further questions, feel free to contact WCPA President Tonya Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety Is Our Priority
Our priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of students and colleagues. Keep yourself safe by practicing these common hygiene precautions.
- Regular hand washing with soap (for at least 20 seconds) or alcohol-based solution (at least 60% alcohol)
- Covering coughing or sneezing with a tissue or elbow (not your hand)
- Avoiding touching of eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Limiting contact with people who are sick
- Stay home or in your hotel room when sick to prevent spread of illness to others
The following are important and helpful resources to monitor as you finalize your travel plans.
- Daily Situation Reports from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- How Coronavirus Spreads – U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Prevention and Treatment – CDC
- Guarding Against Stigma Related to Coronavirus – CDC
- Information for Travelers – CDC
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- – If you need to cancel your registration for our event, you will be reimbursed based on the following schedule.
- – More than 14 calendar days prior to the start of the event: You are eligible for 100%
- – 14 days or less before the start of the event: You are eligible for 50% reimbursement
Questions about PDI?
Past WCPA Professional Development Institutes
2019 PDI: Higher Education in Transition
2018 PDI: #MeToo on Campus
2017 PDI: Supporting Undocumented Students
2016 PDI: Serving Indigenous Students
2014 PDI: Assessment in Student Affairs
2013 PDI: Students In Transition: From Entry to Academic Success
2012 PDI: Creating a culture of Civility & Responsibility
2011 PDI: From At-Risk to At-Promise in the Blink of an Educator’s Eye
2010 PDI: Student Learning: Building Student Affairs Capacity for Academic Collaboration
2009 PDI: Working with Millennial Students, Professional Staff and Their Parents
2008 PDI: Alcohol and Today’s College Student
2007 PDI: The Ins and Outs of Online Communities and Technology: Best Practices and Strategies to Effectively Work With Our Students
2005 PDI: Mental Health & Today’s College Student
2004 PDI: The College Male Today: Challenges and Opportunities in Engaging Men on Campus