This is an exciting opportunity for you to become involved with the Wisconsin College Personnel Association (WCPA). WCPA strives itself to be the comprehensive student affairs organization in the state, bringing functional areas together for greater connections, learning, and professional development opportunities at a very reasonable cost. Please see below reasons you should consider being a member!
Who we are
Founded in 1971, WCPA is the only comprehensive student affairs organization in Wisconsin, representing student affairs personnel from colleges and universities across the state. Functional areas represented include Admissions, Orientation, Student Activities, Academic Advising, Career Services, Graduate Studies, Residence Life, Senior Student Affairs, Judicial Affairs, Wellness, Multicultural Programs, Counseling, Registrars, Faculty, and more.
Recipient of 2 national awards from our parent organization ACPA (College Student Educators International)
- – The Innovation Award (for Student Affairs 101 for undergraduates)
- – The Outstanding State/International Division
- – Honoring and recognizing exceptional higher education professionals
- – Opportunities for leadership and professional growth
- – Mentoring current and aspiring professionals
- – Economical, high-quality professional development programming
We demonstrate our values by:
- – Recognizing exceptional contributions to the association and the profession
- – Supporting emerging professionals through scholarships
- – Fostering involvement and leadership opportunities for members
- – Creating engaging professional development opportunities
- – Initiating and renewing professional connections
WCPA Professional Development Opportunities
Annual Fall Conference is a low cost conference registration, which includes a one year membership to WCPA. It is two days of great information, great colleagues, at a great location. It is an opportunity for you and/or your staff to share your innovative programs and success stories.
Professional Development Institutes (PDI) provide a high quality, low cost, local opportunity for professional development. Workshops presented by leaders in student affairs.
Scholarships and Awards
- – WCPA Professional Development Scholarship
- – Annabelle E. Wolf “Outstanding Service in College Student Personnel” Award.
- – Randy Thrush WCPA Leadership Award
- – Daniel Siler Student Scholarship
- – Support Staff Professional Award
- – Nora McGuire Outstanding Professional Award
- – Professional networking opportunities within functional areas
- – Scholarships and Awards
- – Quarterly Newsletter
- – Leadership opportunities through the executive board
- – Members are eligible for reduced registration prices for the conference and professional development institutes
So how can you get all the benefits of WCPA? Become a member! It’s easy! Just complete the online membership form today!